Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crossroads

Fobby drinks and green tea and red bean bread.

Thanks for the encouragement and objective advice with regards to that last post... I was in a dark mood, possibly from being stressed (in short: office lacking important office resources while I was facing deadline. Cramming for an exam.) and unhealthy. See those junky foods in the last post? Yes, I've tried them all!

I woke up feeling a lot better today. Slept early last night for once and got my first exam done and over with. Also realized after some prayer and rest that I'm in a great situation already, and wanting the 'easiest' and 'smoothest' way isn't right.

I may dislike my work now cuz I just started, but I said that in the first month at UHN too, which I ended up loving. I also predisposed myself to not liking the financial industry. Things like financial planning and insurance sound ugly because we're cynical about it--you hear stories of people getting ripped off and pushy salespeople. But really, it's a legit business and there are people whose lives have been positively transformed. I mean, there is going to be evil in any industry, in any work place.

I got the formal acceptance letter, with an option to go full time into the programme. Once rationality kicked in, I decided on PT Msc + PT/FT this job.

My dreams and goals feel sooo far away, but I'm taking "baby steps" as Brar would say!

Speaking of which, I found a file on my computer with his quotes! I can't believe I still have it.... *snorts*

High School Inside Quotes:
“You have two eyes, two legs and two arms. You are fully capable of working. But you let it rot. You sit in front of the TV and do nothing. Those olympic kids out there who are disabled. They don’t have anything but they take what life gives them and they use it to the fullest potential. They are the ones who will cure AIDs and cancer. What will you do? You are just sitting there letting your minds rot.”

“You guys are lazy. You come to class late like a lump on a log, without your hwk done and you sleep. Why? Cuz u spent ur time watching TV last night. Watching Arnold Schwarchenegger. It’s all the same every time. He kicks some villain’s ass, then he fights yaddeeya and he even gets some hot chick in the end. Who cares. I don’t care about J Lo, she’s got the money. You don’t.”

“You guys are scared of trying. There is no harm in trying. (draws lil box diagrams on the blackboard), you are here…you can get here, but you won’t go down here. You come home from school and mom and dad makes you a nice hot meal for you. All you have to do is study. It’s that simple. How hard is it to crack open your math book and do a few questions? You guys are chickens.”

“It’s the same one third of the class. The same one third who comes to class late, the same one third who doesn’t do their homework, the same one third who fails. We’re not doing the assessment. Why bother? I know that that same one third will fail.”

“I don’t stand up here for half an hour putting up math to see if I know it. I know the material, but you don’t. If you fall behind here in this class, think about how you rank in the school, in York Region, in Ontario, and in Canada. You don’t stand a chance. You are lost. I don’t give adamn. Not adamn.”

“If you can do this stuff, you’re laughing, you’re laughing. This is probably the hardest stuff they’ll give you.”

“Three way telephone! Who can factor the fastest?”

3 comments:

  1. lol ... i ... seriously can't believe u have all of that. did u type them up after he said them or something....*coughstalkercough*.....WHO WILL FACTOR THE FASTEST??????!!!!

    hmm man i really like the look of that bread! it looks...so refreshing and tasty...mm...hungry...mm...green bread, wow, seriously, that looks like some good shit. damn, i want some literally right now....hmmm...yum...hungry....

    and yes, i've played yoshi's island, it's so good!!! how r u stuck, it's like the easiest game ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nonane ahaha, I think I just typed them up somewhere that term. All his sayings are so memorable it just stuck in my mind.

    hehe, so much green tea things in HK....

    yoshi's island is SOOO challenging!! I must have failed like 50 times on that level with the pinki bouncy balls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. brar's quotes are so funny, man i wish i had him for whatever class you took! love how he works in arnold.. b/c arnold does rock and i WOULD spend my time watching tv rather than doing hwk when it comes to arnold kicking ass.

    but what does that last quote mean? i'm confused.

    ReplyDelete