I don't have a picture of the ring, nor can I take one right now because I don't have it on hand (pun not intended). It was too big so I took it to resize.
But I do have a pic of the box. (the box??? who cares about the box???)

Actually, the box is the power behind the shine. Impressive, but I was so busy looking at the LED light that I forgot to look into his eyes to make sure he was sincere.
To be thorough, the proposal story started a month ago. I was hyper on caffeine one night out with my boyfriend while he was looking uncharacteristically gloomy. I didn't ask him what's wrong because I was too busy being hyper. Finally, he revealed without me asking that he was anxious about getting me some sort of gift, which I quickly and easily deduced. He seemed surprised that I guessed it (oh come on, 'very expensive gift', 'don't know what style and type' gives it dead away).
Okay so I was kind of expecting it.
Then we went around looking at the rocks, because apparently, to a guy like him, jewelry was as mind boggling and exotic as shopping for lingerie.
Eventually, I refused to look at them, and told him he was on his own. (Meanwhile I was secretly in psychological turmoil at wondering when it's going to happen and getting ever so slightly disappointed after each weekend until I forgot about it a few weeks later.)
Precisely. He was waiting for me to forget about it.
My friends tried to organize a cruise outing over a weekend, but the event fell to pieces. We ended up deciding to use that time to come to my home and using the facilities in my clubhouse downstairs. That saturday, we played squash, pool and table tennis, eventually I went with some girls to steam in the sauna. Comfortable and happy, andrenaline and endorphins pumping through my blood, we returned to my house eventually to grab the rest of the crew to go eat, whom I thought was watching a movie or something. When I came upstairs, I was in shorts and t shirt (to be accurate, they were sweaty shorts and t shirt, because I forgot to bring a change of clothes). One of my friends intercepted me at the door, her head sticking out against a dark room.
I didn't have time to think because at that time my phone rang (another friend was coming up for dinner). When I got off the phone, she insisted that I had to be blindfolded because they were playing some sort of 'game'. (yeah right, I thought, it's a trick!) But once I sat down, still blindfolded, I knew somewhere in my heart that THIS MUST BE IT...!!!!!
I felt a presence in front of me and he started to tell me about our happy two years, eventually ending off with a '...so why don't you marry me. ok?' I was stunned. And the reason why is possibly be because it's not the proposal I was expecting.
All of this was in Chinese.
Never did I imagine the proposal to be in Chinese. I mean, throughout all my life, I thought it'd be "will you marry me?" (in English) so that I can simply answer "yes". Instead, I just nodded and said "ok", going cross eyed trying to make out the shininess refracting into my eyes. Not a very enthusiastic or intelligent answer, yes I know. I was like, in shock. (Apparently when I grilled him later, he had no idea what to say either and said he probably strayed from his original speech.)
He was also in a suit (also very unexpected, considering that I was in sweaty t shirt and shorts). We were in my house (I've always thought it's going to happen at night in a park somewhere or in a restaurant. Soaps are inaccurate!). There were OTHER people around, in fact, en mass hanging out somewhere. My dad was also in the house (do you think that your dad would be within a 5 meter radius of your proposal? no, I think not.)
I do not know why, but at that moment, I was really confused. Maybe it was information expectation-reality inconsistency overload as described above, or maybe it was the speed at which it happened and my brain, slowed down and relaxed from the sauna, could not handle the experience of a life-changing event, and crashed like a crappy hard drive. Before I could think, everyone spilled out from their hiding place and threw confetti, yelling a combination of 'yeaaaah!' and 'surprise!' The cameraman (his brother) approached and said "how does it feel?" and some other people said some other snarky things (that I forgot already. see, my brain really wasn't functioning!)
I hid behind my fiance. >___<
So that is the whole story!
The next day at church, people examined my ring, going wooo!!... then I opened the box with the LED light and they went WAAAHHHH!!!
Details on the wedding to come soon. : )
OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lolol woooow, that must be have super surprising
ReplyDeletewhy don't you marry me? ok?
LOLOLOL too good.
why isn't there a photo of the ring under the LED lights?? post post!
Oh that is such a lovely story! Very happy for you. Enjoy it all.
ReplyDelete