Thursday, December 29, 2011

visit of the superVIPs

After the relaxing week of sickness (as mentioned in the last post), I got down to work on making some visitors to our company as luxurious as possible down to the last detail (that is a huge story on its own, including fulfilling shopping lists and elaborate VIP rooms in which apparently I went overbudget on), but really I don't want to delve into that hugely stressful affair.

Fortunately, Chinese New Year is just around the corner, which will elevate everyone's moods and the number in my bank account. I'm feeling particularly broke at the moment, having splurged on a kindle for my fiance, and on a bag (oh wait, he paid for the bag), a new ipad cover (the ipad itself I got from my company through my boss as a christmas present--he was in a super generous mood at the time), wedding photos (to be done in march 2012), and on a few family-friend dinners that I was obligated to pay for.

I made a few resolutions:

1. take the CRE (a government-standardized chinese examination) in June of this year.
- I'm going to study during every lunch period in the library.

2. be more humble - not a very popular concept, but I realize that the greatest people in the world who commend respect are those who are humble, willing to learn and become wise. It's also easier to accept instruction, advice and even rebuke if you have a humble attitude.

33 敬 畏 耶 和 華 是 智 慧 的 訓 誨 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。 - 箴 言 15:33

3. be more kind - this goes with number 2. if you are humble, you are more willing to serve other people, and you will do beyond what you normally would do for someone.

4. take my work seriously and do everything to my best of ability, and be less half-assed.
- if I'm going to be working for the rest of my life, I might as well do it well, and do it with joy. And my action plan is to...intake more coffee. (haha kidding) I'm going to pray for the above and post relevant Bible proverbs around the house.

5. Make more plush
6. Become more flexible - joined a pilates class
7. Arrange some music - make piano arrangements for songs from Exaltios

New cute plushy (the sheep, which plays a lullaby when wound up)
shot from HK history museum...a crane badge signifying civil official of the 1st rank, obtained through taking imperial examinations
another shot from museum... hand written exam paper... so incredibly mind-boggling neat
ocean park trip from this month.
panda sticks face in a water canister.

A trip to Lantau Island with a super nice professor from harvard (where the airport and HK disneyland is, which is bigger but nowhere closely as populated as Hong Kong Island):



incense


old houses on stilts in Tai O, Lantau Island


the making of preserved salted egg yolks for putting in mooncakes and stuff...
Gundam expo:



Cute printed tissue and tissue box
random but pretty carousel
Bad english...




2 comments:

  1. some nice pictures there - love the egg yolks and the houses on stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks : ) Lantau island is lovely!

    ReplyDelete