Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jusco :D

There's a dollar store-esque type of place in HK called Jusco. But unlike your conventional Canadian dollar store, most of everything is imported from Japan. Most items cost $10HK, which translates into approx $1.40 Cdn. I think I spent a good 3 hours in there, and I'm planning on going again after we move... Needless to say, I'm extremely excited!

At work, things seem to be picking up. But for some reason, I feel uneasy. Something unstable is going on in the workplace and with my manager. Because we are low on real-estate, I get relocated frequently. Sometimes I'm in the really nice room with the sea view; sometimes I'm in my manager's super messy room; sometimes I'm in the other manager's has-nothing room, so I'm switching computers (basically I'm working off a USB) and rearranging my files various times...sometimes in the course of a day even. But I don't think that's the main problem I have. Still not entirely sure, but my mind is on high-alert all the time. I feel like I need to be extremely careful and be at my absolute best.

I'm comfortable with legitimate ambiguity, but I dislike inconsistency. One of my number one pet peeves.

Anyway, shopping + food goodies:

Pink fuzzy yarn found. Turned it into a pig, which is missing legs at the moment.


Capsule toys on display. Some quite cute!!


Make your own sushi kit. Examine the below picture. I am personally amazed.


Lunch! Extremely green brown rice + peas and spinach.


Keychain sushi


"Rainbow Costume Cleaning Sponge" and "Ecoloy Costume Cleaning Sponge". There were banana shaped ones too, with smiles.


Woohoo, Calour.


I ate at Satay King. For $15 HKD ($2-3 Cdn), you can get lobster soup with chunks of lobster inside. Unfortunately, the meal was completed with an extremely slimely drink called "basil seed honey mix."

Basil seeds suspended in the thick drink... eeeewww


Lobster soup and white satay noodles ^___^


Our cute rice cooker


Push button for bill, water, order, service and cancel.


I got new rainboots for rainy days! It's been raining sooo much lately; sometimes it is torrential. Half my pant leg got soaked one day. I've quickly learned to watch the ground for wet spots even when it's not raining. You can get splattered by dripping edges of buildings if you're not careful...



Sailormoon cans

9 comments:

  1. the piggy is so cute :D
    i hope work is going alright!
    -joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. loll I love your rice cooker. And the make your own sushi kit thing.. LOL, only in Asia :P and rainy days arent so bad in HK, lol cuz it's so humid, rainy days actually cool it down haha,, but last time i went back, it rained for a full week >< THe foods you eat are .. interesting ahhaha.. sorry , my thoughts are all over the place lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh vincci, I just bought a whole bunch of fobby snacks from okashiland. There was a special promotion going on and I couldn't help myself to the curious packaging and cuteness of everything.

    haha, it's like the rainforest here.

    the foods I eat are interesting... of course! I'm in HK! I wouldn't want to eat 'ordinary' food.

    I think my friend is actually going to buy the make-your-own-sushi kit. LOL there's a make your own cake kit too, but after you make it, you stick it in the microwave and it turns into an eraser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that pop tastes more delicious because of it's superior packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg everything is sooo cute!!

    i love the little pig, it looks very professional! and the little sushi too, awww....AWWWWW....and the rice cooker...AAAAAWWWW!!

    haha...nice rain boots. they seem very long tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. they have SAILOR MOON CANS?!?!! OMGG LOLL i would so buy them xD

    and the basil drinks looks/sounds nastyy >.<

    ~joyce li =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. its true.. inconsistency makes everything harder b/c you don't know whether you have to start over or not.

    one of my favourite things to tell maria (as a complement lol) is "maria, you're so consistent" ..... she'll confirm it for you someday.

    on another note, do your rainboots have heels?!! they looks really fashionable from the front.

    -karen

    ReplyDelete