My mom was like 'no'. But I went anyway (accompanied by my parents) and that woman really was pregnant, and the kid was actually smart. And I was paid a whole whack more than what I'm getting now.
Teaching beats my current job in terms of salary, job satisfaction, respect, status, confidence, stress level... everything. But somehow, I feel like if I tried to enter into it full time (if I can anyway), it would be a cop-out because it's my comfort zone. Like, it's...out of the 'real' world. I want to get HK office experience to train myself for challenges ahead, you know, the mean and lean competitive 9 am - 6 pm kind of environment everyone warned me about. But this job isn't in the right industry. I have no passion and I'm not absorbing things like a sponge. I'm force feeding it into my brain, which is going "I reject". So I'm bored despite the fact that I'm being paid, being trained, taking exams, attending workshops...
I knew ahead of time that it wasn't the right industry. But given the ugliest job market I've ever seen and given that I am anticipating going back to school in Sept, I took it. I could always switch out, right? I mean... I'm grateful for it, my manager is still a great person, this job still fits well with my long term goals.... except, I still need to go to work, day after day. And experience the boredom that are rows and rows of numbers and insurance plans.
Please tell me if I'm just being silly.
I feel so bad for complaining... I've only been on the job for one month and it's part time too. And at least I have work! ... haah, I'm so at odds with myself.
And I want to see my RH friends. I sometimes don't see you guys for a long time even in Canada, but being so far away is different because I know there's no way I can see you if I wanted to.
I don't remember if I mentioned it yet, but I'm enrolled in a Msc programme, which I am sooo happy and relieved about. It's something I know I will like a lot : )
Picture Roll. Theme is fobby snacks
Asparagus Pretz
"Japanese flavoured chocolate". What do the japanese taste like?

Fresh fruit juice smoothie stand. $9 HKD = $1.5 Cdn. Jealous???

Animal Crackers!!! I thought that said "MEN" at first, instead of HEN.

Basically, animal names in english, japanese and chinese on the back of the cracker box. Educational!
Instructions on how to prepare the candy for eating. There's a packet of powder that you dump into the bag before shaking it to coat the candies.
Way to eat: "can eat by hand", "can eat from bag" and "suits time when drink beer or tea"

Some random game...

lool that's pretty hilarious. imagine if it did say "tastes like men"...ewwww
ReplyDeletei know what u mean about job situation. i don't think there's anything wrong with relying on ur comfort zone for the time being though. once u get to school, u'll wish u had it again! haha
btw have u played ff4 recently? i'm stuck on the lunar surface and i can't get off because if i do, it goes to this really hard place and i just keep dying...uurrggg
eeeeeeeeeew men flavoured crackers. Or, "men" under the category of animals. hahahaha
ReplyDeleteugh noo, my DSTT card is still in disrepair. Have you ever played yoshi's island? I've been stuck for a very long time on the level with the really annoying pink smiley balls that bounce you to your doom.
Yeah... I guess I'll stick it out for the time being, and if it still doesn't work for me, I'll go for school + something easy. Or just full time school. *sigh* my dream seems so far away...
haha, and I'm just uncharacteristically moody these days.
This job is just a stepping stone for you so just keep that in mind. It's not like it's going to be your future career so don't let it get to you. Make money, learn some skills, gain experience and take that with you once you've found something you truly love doing. And yes, I am jealous of those cheap smoothies. 4 of them = 1 booster juice.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too!
Always gotta be thankful for what you have and what's given to you^ It all adds up and helps to build your future! :D
ReplyDeleteHave you tried all of those snacks? I had those animal crackers before!! They sell them at T&T!!! After eating so many, you realize how really unhealthy they are.
Oh and if you don't already have it, get skype!! You can video chat with us^^ :D
Hmmm I'll agree that being in your comfort zone isn't the best of things to stay in, but it's nice to visit every once in a while. If anything, try changing a little thing in what you're comfortable with to make it a bit more challenging perhaps :P
ReplyDeleteAnd as stated earlier, your job is a stepping stone. Always remind yourself of your true goal in your living, and you will not stray when you remember.