I like this quote:
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” ~ Dale Carnegie
I'm really guilty of this. There is a lovely rose garden that's already blooming in my life, and I'm always wanting to bypass each day as quickly as possible so that I can be there in the future, enjoying the richness of my hard labour . I need to realize how far I have gone already and be rejoicing in that. If my past-me, fresh off the plane into HK, knew that I am still in HK after a year, I would have been happy.
I'm much refreshed after my lovely vacation (see fb for picture) oct 29 - nov 3, and while I'm still not all gungho about work and all the challenges that it entails, at least I was able to realize that even though not every moment is enjoyable, there are pleasant experiences every week (or dare I say, every day?)
I'm very scared actually and uncertain. In University, after year 2 it is year 3. After University (and now after Master's), there is no set path. I need to choose, assess my own abilities and get there somehow. I'm not so confident in my abilities to do that, especially when I see others around me struggling.
oh cherry, you are the vocal box to my mind. your quote is exactly what i needed, thanks!
ReplyDeletehehe, you're welcome. I need this kind of quote as much as you do. Let's be happy and be grateful for what we have now!
ReplyDelete