Monday, September 14, 2009

Quit

I've submitted my resignation letter and successfully disengaged myself from an unexciting and passionless job. Am I free from the cage of employment or trapped in unemployment? I think I'm free, because not only have I crossed off something on my mental to-do list, I'm free to look for something better. It's out there and I'm sure of it.

I want to take some time to gather myself and properly conduct a job hunt, no... career hunt. Call me idealistic, but I want a job that fits into the long term career path that I've set out for myself. Yes I sound like such a loser for stating that... I mean, who at this age doesn't?

But you know what? By stating it out loud, it helps me remind myself that I do in fact have a dream and that I have a direction. Thus, I can keep moving and we all know that I'm a sucker for concepts like "progress".

Maybe I'm inadequate at the moment for this 'future', or maybe what I have in mind regarding 'it' isn't exactly what it is! It doesn't matter... those kinks will work itself out. What is important is hope in human beings. Without hope, there is no image of the future, and thus nothing to propel us forward. There would be no motivation to work hard, to invest in oneself, and to contribute to society.

3 comments:

  1. You've got a lot of courage. For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision. I hope you find a job that you really love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. It's never good to stay in a relationship (love/job-wise) if you feel that it's doing you a disservice rather than bettering your life. Even better, you have hope! That beats all. Good luck, and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete