Sunday, May 24, 2009

(import - May 4, 09) - A Beating Fish Heart

2% milk is actually skim milk with the fat added back in.... so I'm told by a friend of a friend who works in the milk industry in Canada. I think I'm convinced after drinking the milk in HK. It's REALLY good for a lack of better terminology (sorry, I'm still jet lagging).

I went to the wet market as well. Since HK people are paranoid about the swine flu and personal hygiene, the food is actually really clean and amazingly fresh! Chickens are killed and plucked on the spot. Here's a beating fish heart:



I really like green tea. The abundance of green tea inspired products convinces me that perhaps it's a HKnese thing?

Green tea hand cream on the left, and Myoflex on the right as a premptive measure against cramps induced by the amount of walking required in HK to get to places.





My lunch below (green tea noodles with chicken in peanut sauce):


And other strange flavours that I'm not eager to try (the below picture reads: wasabi flavoured sesame and bamboo charcoal flavoured sesame)



And of course, the magical slide-out drawer mentioned in my previous entry.


I met my cousins at the restaurant and they showed me their new toys. Yo-yo, a tamagochi-esque thingy (virtual pet) and a snowman...with legs.



Right next to the restaurant was a capsule toy palace! Unfortunately I didn't have time to look at anything in detail but I did snap a few photos of the rows-upon-rows of capsule toy machines.


Just one case out of four more full of mini capsule toys:

No comments:

Post a Comment