Sunday, May 31, 2009

Only an ocean away

I've been finding myself more defensive and irritable at home as of late over tiny things (like mom complaining about how the washing machine isn't strong enough and how everything smells like wet mud.) Good things are happening in my life, like meeting great people and discovering new things in HK and I feel that I've settled down somewhat...but I suppose change is still stressful at some level!

The next little while may be filled with difficult decisions and moments, as for most of everyone else my age. There's been a lot on my mind...so many random things that I don't know what/who I'm concerned about anymore. But I know God's in control even when I don't understand (or at least I remind myself!)

I was listening to "Only an ocean away" by Sarah Brightman. For the longest time I didn't know what this song was about, but now I think I kind of understand the lyrics! In any case, it's a beautiful song.

I see a shadow every day and night. I walk a hundred streets of neon lights,
Only when I'm crying.
Can you hear me crying.

So many times you always wanted more,
Chasing illusions that you're longing for.
Wish I wasn't crying.
Can you hear me crying.

There's an ocean between us.
You know where to find me. You reach out and touch me.
I feel you in my own heart.
More than a lifetime. Still goes on forever.
But it helps to remember
You're only an ocean away.

Was there a moment when I felt no pain.
I want to feel it in my life again.
Let it be over now.
Oh Oh over now.
'Cause I remember all the days and nights We used to walk the streets of neon lights
Oh I want you here with me.
Oh be here with me.

Picture Roll:
It's blurry because the pants-with-legs are spinning. I think this exhibit, located in the middle of a mall, is to promote differences in sizes or acceptance of one's body. I think.


The very colourful KCR, colour scheme not unlike that of the DC library at Uwaterloo


Green bread-like somethings... green tea muffins? (saved in my mental to-try queue)


Panthalassa, again. To help you appreciate how fat she is. And how she is magically suspended in the air.


Make your own yogurt and ice cream kits!!




A very green birthday cake slice.


A very precarious game of Jenga.


Sign in the washroom at a cafe not far from the Maid Cafe.


"Clolur". Also, I think they gave up on the English halfway through the sign. Not particularly funny, but just another example of bad english, which prevails all over HK.

2 comments:

  1. LOL the make your own yogurt slash ice cream seems so .. iffy XD
    and what flavour is that cake?! super super green. its crazy lol
    im glad to hear that you've settled down in HK. but we are still missing your physical being over here!! ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! That aiming sign is so true! If only people would be more considerate. They should also make one about flushing. Tell me how that green tea muffin is. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete