Toronto looks stunning from high above (ignore the ooohs and aaahs of my parents):
I'm in Korea waiting for the flight that'll take me to Hong Kong. It's the middle of the night, so nothing's open except for a little snack shop selling rice balls and overpriced coffee in a paper cup. The cup reads: "COFFEE: every day I down street with coffee. I smile. Very happy and sunshine."
My mom said it was a spendid poem and that it made perfect sense.
So I made it here relatively healthy and not losing anything. Actually, two hours before my flight, I came down with nausea and upset stomach. I think it might have been due to the strange mix of foods I consumed that day: taro toast for brunch, almond bubble tea and 'egg in milk' at a chinese place for snack. The "milk" was watery, and flaked with yellow bits. It was probably a culture of salmonella, as Prof Butler might say. (And no, I'm sure I didn't get swine flu and helping it spread around the globe).
Luckily, the pepto-bismol worked within hours and my stomach was in great condition when the bi bim bop arrived! But the next meal was an even better surprise--green tea congee! GREEN congee!
Overall, I feel very blessed to have had the chance to see so many people within a span of 7 days. People were really flexible and willing to come down to see me or drive me since I didn't have a car. Thank you!! I really appreciate all the gatherings and surprises... thanks for the english-chinese electronic dictionary (although I'm wondering how I'm going to use that since the menu and instruction manuals are all in chinese). Thanks for the HK guidebook...



No comments:
Post a Comment